It’s no secret that employers want to hire students who have demonstrated that they are ready for the workplace. But how can you do that if you haven’t even graduated yet? Braven’s “Leadership and Career Accelerator” is a great place to start! You’ll build the skills experiences that will get you ready for whatever comes next after graduation.
Read on to learn more about the experience, and click here to register for their workshop on November 29th at 7:30 pm ET to get all the details about the course!
Rutgers University-Newark and the Career Development Center is proud to provide opportunities for students to advance their education in preparation for their careers. In partnership with non-profit organization Braven, we’re offering their “Leadership and Career Accelerator”, a 3-credit course all students and majors can take to develop the skills, networks, experience and confidence necessary to land a strong job or internship.
Registration for Spring 2022 opens November 29, 2021.
Enrolled students will:
- Work with a coach: Receive 60-80 hrs of mentoring from local professionals at companies like Prudential, Deloitte, Salesforce, and more.
- Develop a professional portfolio: Learn how to build an effective resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, and elevator pitch.
- Gain real-world consulting experience: Collaborate in teams of 5-8 students to solve a current problem for a local company.
- Master professional skills: Practice communication, problem solving, leading a team, networking, and creating systems to operate and manage others.
- Build a community: Grow a powerful network of peers and professionals committed to your success.
- Earn 3-course credits for taking the course.
Questions? Email Braven’s Program Manager Patrice Barnes at email@example.com
Watch this video story of Robneek Singh, a RU-N student who took Braven and secured a strong job afterward.