Dear Researchers and Students,
Join us on Wednesday, September 22nd at 2:30 to 4:00pm ET for the next COVID Information Commons (CIC) research lightning talks webinar! Develop new insights and collaborations to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and mitigate future pandemics. You will hear from the following NIH and NSF funded researchers, who will share their research focus and findings, and answer questions from the community.
– Janet Iwasa, University of Utah: Building a visual consensus model of the SARS-CoV-2 life cycle. Funded by NSF Biological Sciences / Division of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences (MCB).
– Kristen Miller, MedStar Health National Center for Human Factors in Healthcare: CDC COVID-19 Community Research Partnership. Funded by the NIH / National Library of Medicine.
– Jane Pan, Princeton University: Contradiction Detection of COVID-19 Randomized Controlled Trials via BERT Language Models. COVID Information Commons Undergraduate Student Paper Challenge 1st Place Winner.
– Franchessa Sayler, ThruPore Technologies: Antiviral Activity of Novel Nitrogen-Doped, Carbon Supported Catalysts Against Covid-19 Surrogates. Funded by NSF Engineering / Industrial Innovation and Partnerships (IIP).
– Ponisseril Somasundaran, Columbia University: Novel Foam formulations for decontamination of surfaces with minimum wastewater generation. Funded by NSF Engineering / Division Of Industrial Innovation and Partnerships.
– George K. Thiruvathukal, Loyola University Chicago: Leveraging New Data Sources to Analyze the Risk of COVID-19 in Crowded Locations. Funded by NSF Computer and Information Science and Engineering / Office of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure (OAC).
The COVID Information Commons (CIC) is an open portal and community (https://covidinfocommons.net) for researchers, students and decision-makers from academia, government, nonprofits, and industry to identify collaboration opportunities, leverage each other’s research findings, and accelerate the most promising research to mitigate the broad societal impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Watch previous COVID lightning talks on the CIC “Meet the Researchers” page. https://covidinfocommons.datascience.columbia.edu/content/meet-researchers
We hope to see you on September 22nd! Any questions just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you can’t join us, you can sign up for the CIC community mailing list to stay informed about future events, as well as future student research challenges. https://covidinfocommons.datascience.columbia.edu/content/contact
Co-PI – COVID Information Commons (NSF #2028999)
Executive Director and Co-PI, Northeast Big Data Innovation Hub