EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Digital merchandising or marketing experience, preferably with an online focus for a multi-channel retailer
- Strong strategic thinking and solid analytical skills
- Experience/interest working with web analytics packages (Google Analytics, Omniture, or equivalent).
- Experience/interest with the following: Content Management systems, personalization or CDP platforms, A/B testing
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment serving as a catalyst for change and managing multiple work streams simultaneously.
- The ability to understand and explain complex issues, but also clearly identify and communicate the situation at a high level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: timely follow-up, ability to articulate objectives, strategies, and tactics to various cross-functional teams
- Ability to build partnerships across many functional teams and levels of the organization.
- The ability to use and understand financial and numerical data to make decisions and influence outcomes.
- Exhibit professional initiative and entrepreneurial drive.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills desired.
Since 1934, Harry & David has been America’s premier choice in gourmet food gifting. Headquartered in Southern Oregon, Harry & David owns and operates 20 different orchards, spread over 100 square miles, featuring fresh yearly crops of handpicked delicious fruit, including peaches, Bosc pears, and the iconic Royal Riviera® pears. Harry & David offers a wide variety of options for everyday sharing and entertaining, including Moose Munch® premium popcorn, Wolferman’s Bakery℠, Cushman’s®, and Stock Yards® branded products.
The Digital Merchandising intern is responsible for assisting in website digital strategy and execution in several key functional areas: personalization, A/B testing, partnerships, marketplaces, and mobile. In this role they will provide leadership and vision to drive ecommerce results for their areas of responsibility. The intern will partner with various stakeholders to help plan, develop, and execute digital campaigns with a key focus on driving business results through program growth along with sales and conversion improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with the UX and merchandising teams to execute strategies to lead 1-800-Flowers food brands initiative to be Mobile-first in our operations, design, and execution.
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for execution of personalization and a/b testing.
- Develop reporting for continual monitoring and optimization of initiatives with a focus on driving improvements in KPIs.
- Partner with the website marketing & promotions supervisor in the development of Go-To-Market plans for all HD Brands.
- Collaborate with IT, Merchandising, Marketing, Creative Services, UX, and various other groups within the organization in the implementation of initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.