At 12+, we believe in every student’s potential for success. We believe in the power of people to inspire and motivate each other. This is why we take pride in our team, which is available to all students in our partner schools throughout each and every school day. They greet each student on the first day of school and cheer them on through graduation. They are mentors, tutors, advocates, and trusted friends. These are the 12+ Fellows. The Fellows Initiative is a one-year engagement that opens a channel for impassioned, energetic, and team-oriented individuals to transform the culture of underserved high schools. For one year, you will serve on the frontline of our mission to empower our students to dream bigger than they ever have before.
We challenge you to expect more from Philadelphia’s schools, our students, and yourself. We challenge you to be the change. Join us in showing others that a small group of dedicated individuals can truly change the world.
Under the leadership of the Site Director, Fellows implement school-wide 12+ programming, which includes RAISE (freshman transition / career readiness), FLIGHT (post-secondary access), and PLUS Leaders (leadership development) programs. Fellows also plan and execute school-wide, culture-building events such as College Week and Career Day. Most importantly, Fellows are commissioned to build personal relationships with individual students, transforming student mindsets and empowering them to succeed in education beyond the 12th grade.
- Alignment with the mission of 12+
- Heart for empowering students and urban communities
- Strategic thinker with a creative edge
- Interpersonal skills to work with youth, teachers, and administrators
- Patience and persistence
- Willingness to learn, take initiative, and to step out of comfort zone
- Volunteer or leadership experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university, or a certificate from an accredited non-profit trade program with one year of relevant experience.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Applications are now open and will be accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. For more information, visit www.12plus.org/fellowsinitiative.