- Develop and implement the YWAC program for groups of up to 12 campers.
- Implement activities within the parameters outlined in the Health and Safety plan, approved by the NYS Department of Health.
- Live in cabin with campers
- Assume responsibility for leadership and guidance of those campers in daily living, with special attention to: personal hygiene and safety, camper participation in all-camp activities, and meal time behavior and habits
- Assume responsibility for interpreting the rules, policies, and traditions of the camp to the camper
- Serve as a positive role model in language, appearance, and behavior
- Assume responsibility for health and welfare of campers
- Support and embrace diversity in all interactions with campers, other staff members, volunteers and parents. Implement programs that engage diverse backgrounds, interests and learning styles.
- Organize, plan, and lead camp programs
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- Be physically able to accompany the campers to any of the camp activities
- Assure campers are properly supervised at all times
- Apply basic youth development principles in working with campers through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, and involvement and empowerment of youth
- Have visual ability to recognize hazards in the camp setting as well as physical symptoms of camper injury or illness
- Have auditory ability to respond appropriately to hazards and any camper concerns
- Be able to observe camper behavior in daily camp life, to respond verbally to health and safety concerns, and to deal appropriately with any improper behavior
- 18 years of age or older
- Maturity to address complex discussions with teens in an appropriate manner
- Experience as a camper or working with children
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer and/or First Aid Responding to Emergencies desired
- Ability to communicate effectively with Camp Director, entire camp staff, campers and camp families
- Incorporates Team Work and Flexibility into their daily work style
- Ability to work with peers
- Ability to plan and lead programs