AACC, a DC-based dynamic, international scientific/medical society of clinical laboratory professionals, physicians, and research scientists focused on clinical chemistry and related disciplines, is seeking a Manager, Customer & Registration Service.
The Manager, Customer & Registration Services oversees the successful implementation of all processes within the Customer Service Department, maintains relevant policy and procedure documentation, and monitors compliance with quality standards. Responsible for the support of all member and customer facing systems including complete registration component of AACC’s Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer & VP, Operations, the Manager, Customer & Registration Services supervises a team of 3 employees.
- Developing and integrating AACC and departmental policies and business rules with customer service functions.
- Managing customer service functions for all AACC departments. Providing superb customer service to members and non-members. Identifying critical success factors and measures conformance with established quality standards.
- Documenting work processes and initiating efforts to streamline and improve them.
- Overseeing workflow to ensure accurate and timely handling of customer service inquiries and orders.
- Maintaining automated call distribution system (ACD) and configuring the system to automatically distribute calls uniformly among customer service representatives.
- Establishing documentation and procedures to ensure effective Customer Service cross-training and succession planning.
- Collaborating with IT staff to test new and modified systems, ensuring proper confluence of business rules, process, and user experiences. Adheres to the established IT project management framework.
- Managing the Quality Assurance Associate, assigning registration work, IT quality control requests and other relevant work.
- In conjunction with the Director, Meetings, organizing, implementing, and managing the registration function for AACC’s Annual Scientific Meeting and Clinical Laboratory Exposition, including managing relevant staff and vendors.
- Training and empowering association staff to use registration reporting and related systems.
- Proactively monitoring quality-related issues and empowering association staff to resolve them when appropriate.
- Supervising customer service team.
- Cross training team members to help mitigate single points of failure.
- Developing and implementing a quality assurance program to monitor performance of customer service representatives.
- Developing and maintaining customized reports to monitor ACD data, volume of work, turn-around-time, backorders, and other aspects of order processing.
- Actively investigating customer, staff, and vendor complaints and exercising judgment in resolving issues. Overseeing complaint management system.
- Collecting and analyzing customer satisfaction data and distributes results to appropriate staff.
- Interacting with all AACC staff to facilitate positive productive working relationships.
- Satisfactorily complies with Association policies and procedures.
- As required, traveling to and attending annual meeting.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field.
- Five plus years of experience working in a trade/professional association supervising the customer service department.
- Previous experience managing the registration process for a large conference or meeting.
- Experience working with Association Management Software; Aptify preferred.
- Knowledge of automated call distribution systems.