Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families.
This position is responsible for providing therapeutic services to migrant families and adults to include screening and evaluation, individual, and family therapy and prevention, education, and rehabilitation. The services will be provided virtually and, when needed, in person.
- Provides Wraparound Stabilization Services (WSS) to include mental health evaluations, trafficking screening, individual rehabilitation, family therapy, parenting education and child abuse prevention.
- Creates individualized treatment plans based on assessments.
- Maintains a caseload of approximately 20 active participants.
- Establishes a schedule to provide WSS services to include evenings/weekends based on participant availability.
- Documents and maintains up to date, accurate and complete records (e.g., treatment plans, progress notes) on a weekly basis.
- Evaluates English proficiency of participants to coordinate and facilitate translation services.
- Reports on program violations in a timely manner using established reporting protocols.
- Stays abreast of company, federal and state regulatory requirements related to social services.
- Attends internal and external trainings and applies newly gained knowledge on the job.
- Maintains confidentiality of information as it relates to participant information.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work; AND
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- MUST be Bilingual in English & Spanish
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must live in the US three (3) of the last five (5) years (military and study abroad included).
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a suitability determination.
- Ability to pass a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and a state criminal history background checks.
- Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence and ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to perform home visits
Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department