Our company is growing at an unprecedented rate and we are interested in hiring a Junior Accountant to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a head for numbers, experience with MS Excel, and strong analytical skills.
The Junior Accountant will report directly to the CEO, and will need to demonstrate the ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced office environment.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers
- Post journal entries for accrued expenses and revenue
- Maintain and record fixed assets
- Prepare and file local compliance reporting as necessary
- Prepare court-mandated annual accounting reports and inventories for client discharges as necessary
- Act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing discrepancies
- Develop automated accounting applications to improve productivity
- Interpret data on yield, price future investment risk trends, stability, economic influences, and other factors affecting investment programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Internship – 1 year minimum related experience preferred
- Microsoft Excel knowledge
- A strong understanding of Financial Statements, P&L, Balance Sheets, & Cash flow
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient with ERP systems, including Microsoft Office
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively