We are able to offer training to individuals who don’t have prior behavioral health experience. However, please note that some prior behavioral health experience and/or experience working directly with children or youth is very strongly preferred.
We are currently seeking caring and resilient Behavioral Health Technicians (BHT) to join our Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS) program in Berks County!
Why work for Access Services?
- Supportive work environment
- Professional development and learning opportunities
- Potential for career growth within the organization
- Staff members truly care about our clients and strive to make a difference every day!
Why become a Behavioral Health Technician?
You will have the opportunity to provide one-on-one supports to children and adolescents with behavioral struggles in home, school, and community environments. Our quality-focused clinicians work with families to create appropriate behavioral goals for each client and, as a member of the treatment team, you will receive their guidance in how to help clients attain those goals and live their best lives.
Work Schedule: Approx. 30-35 hours per week. Days and times vary depending on available clients. Work typically occurs on weekdays but can occur on weekends if BHT and family/child are both available.
- Provide supports as outlined in the individual’s plan of care utilizing approved interventions such as safe crisis management techniques, emotional support, positive reinforcement, etc.
- Maintain appropriate case notes for the client in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Attend weekly clinical supervision, regular case reviews, and staff meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- Some behavioral health experience (preferred)
- Some experience working directly with children (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license with 2+ years of driving experience, reliable vehicle, and adequate car insurance (required)
- All employees: Mileage reimbursement and paid travel time between worksites, discounts on various services/events/tickets/etc. and referral bonuses
- 20+ hrs/week: All of the above plus PTO, 401k, and tuition assistance
- 30+ hrs/week: All of the above plus paid holidays, health/RX/vision/dental insurance, life/disability insurance, and more
We look forward to hearing from you! Please visit www.accessservices.org to learn more about our services.