The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Are you a socially conscious, dedicated individual who is committed to building a better future for children, families, and their communities? If so, join us as we support early childhood education programs across the country to create positive outcomes for the children and families served.
This position serves as an Extended Day Teacher for a Head Start and/or Early Head Start center. The hours of this position are 2:00pm-6:00pm. The Extended Day Teacher will work collaboratively with the Teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom of children following the Head Start/Early Head Start operating day. They will also work with a team of other classroom Teachers and family members to implement the curriculum to achieve outcomes for children of all abilities. The Extended Day Teacher will ultimately be evaluated on a combination of skills, dispositions and behaviors, some of which are related to the specific service area of this position and others that represent general expectations of all Acelero Learning employees.
• Communication and Service Coordination
• Record Keeping and Reporting
• On-going Monitoring/Self-assessment
• Plan and implement learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including improving the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy and phonemic, print, and numeracy awareness, their understanding and use of language, their understanding and use of increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, and their problem solving abilities
• Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment
• Support the social and emotional development of children
• Encourag the involvement of the families of the children in a Head Start program and support the development of relationships between children and their families
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed
• Basic computer literacy in email usage, word processing and internet navigation
• Pass physical examination and all Head Start/licensing required background checks
Why Acelero Learning or Shine Early Learning?
– Ability to make an impact in the lives of the children, families, and partners we serve
– Career growth and professional development opportunities
– Supportive working environment
– Average of 5 weeks of paid time off during 1st year of employment
– Comprehensive benefits, including 401K matching and 100% vesting program
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.