Shine Early Learning, in partnership with Children and Families First to provide Head Start Services in Delaware.
We are looking for an inspired and dedicated individual to join our team as a Family Engagement Coordinator.
The Family Engagement Coordinator is primarily responsible for achieving the following outcomes for the Head Start program:
* Work in collaboration with the Director of Family Engagement & Health to develop, implement and refine Shine Early Learning’s family service approach in order to promote family outcomes that support children’s school readiness and well-being
* Coach and provide supervisory guidance to family engagement team members in order to strengthen staff capacity and move staff towards mastery in core competencies included in the Family Advocate Success Rubric
* Build a team that works collaboratively with early learning, MH and Disabilities and Health and Nutrition staff in order to enhance family life practices and circumstances that promote child development and well-being
* Maintain qualitative and quantitative quality improvement and monitoring systems in order to ensure that program strategies are executed with reliability, fidelity and quality
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Family Engagement Coordinator’s responsibilities chiefly fall under the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks as needed:
* ERSEA (Eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment and attendance)
* Outcomes-Based Family Services
* Promote Family Life Practices to Close the Achievement Gap
* Promote Family Self-Sufficiency
* Support Families of Children with Chronic Health Conditions and Special Needs
* Support Vulnerable Families
* Competency Based Assessment, Coaching and Supervision
* Bachelor’s Degree in Family and Child Development, Public Health, Social Work or related field. Masters preferred.
* At least 3 years experience working with diverse families in low income communities, with supervisory responsibilities
* Background and experience executing evidence-based strategies to strengthen outcomes for children and families
* Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid
* Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
* Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
* Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive
family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an
equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.