ACL is searching for an energetic, self-motivated Laboratory Supervisor to join our dynamic team.
- Location: Main Lab
- 2nd/3rd Shift
- Start time 5pm
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Paid-Time-Off
- Corporate Bonus Program
Basic Purpose: Accountable for quantity and quality of specimens handled and test results. Responsible for the scheduling and supervision of non-exempt laboratory personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations in the clinical laboratory and provide overall direction and assistance to staff
- Reviews Quality Control and instrument logs to ensure methods/instruments are functioning properly
- Complete instrument validations as needed
- Administer work schedules and review/approve employee time sheets for all shifts
- Ensure laboratory employees have thorough understanding of assay theory, troubleshooting, and data analyses by serving as mentor and coach
- Ensure laboratory employees are up to date at all times with training, competency assessments, and continued education for their areas of responsibility
- Monitor department productivity and ensure appropriate quality metrics are met (turnaround times, quality events, etc.)
- Organizes and delegates survey assignments and performs survey investigations as needed
- Identify inefficiencies in processes, workflow, and throughput and implement process improvements to minimize waste
- Proactively develop plans to meet future departmental needs
- Perform testing as necessary in accordance with the Clinical Laboratory Scientist job description. Performs duties of technologist as necessitated by absence or peak workload
- Support the lab manager in conducting effective and productive team meetings
- Provide primary source of information and assistance to other departments as needed
- Accept, complete and report on special assignments within the agreed upon time frame
- Maintains medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains medical laboratory staff results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Other duties as assigned by management
The Ideal Candidate Would Possess:
- MT, CLS, MLS or BS and 6 years’ experience in a high complexity laboratory setting
- Experience working on automated and manual laboratory platforms
- Requires flexibility in schedule, working hours and days (potentially including weekends) outside of normal schedule when necessary
- Goal oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to effectively solve problems and make sound independent decisions
- Analytical judgment, problem solving skills, accuracy and detail oriented
For New York Applicants click on the link below and read.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.