Position: Program Specialist, Scattered Sites
Reports to: Program Director
Function: Provides direct service to clients, assisting with training in skills of daily living.
· Teaches skills for maintaining personal hygiene, laundry and apartment cleaning.
· Monitors overall maintenance of apartments and alerts program director of maintenance problems.
· Teaches skills for budgeting, shopping, meal planning, preparation and clean-up.
· Teaches skills for self-preservation, monitors living units for safety and cleanliness.
· Administers the client cooking safety test.
· Monitors, documents and teaches self administration of medication, according to program policy and procedures.
· Report incidents or behavioral changes in residents to supervisor.
· Teaches travel skills and escorts clients, where needed.
· Documents services rendered and client progress in a timely manner.
· Attends training as requested by supervisory staff.
· Duties as assigned by supervisor.
High school diploma with some undergraduate work in psychology or high school diploma with
significant experience in working with adults with mental illness. Good organizational, verbal and
written communication skills.
Salary: Scattered Site: $35,715 plus generous benefits
Email a resume, cover letter and contact information for 3 professional references to:
Director, Human Resources and Information Management
ACMH is committed to the mental and physical wellbeing of vulnerable New Yorkers and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing.
For more information, visit our website: www.acmhnyc.org