Position: Resident Advisor, Part-time
Reports to: Program Director
Locations: Bronx, NY
Function: Provides direct service to participants. Assists with training in skills of daily living including cooking, cleaning, budgeting, socialization, and conflict resolution in a 16 bed OMH Licensed Program for young adults ages 18-24.
• Provides hands-on support and training with daily living skills: planning and preparing nutritious meals, maintaining living space, personal hygiene, budgeting and money management – including banking and paying bills.
• Regularly assess and trains participants to care for their health and hygiene and maintain their living space.
• Monitors and documents client self-administration of medication, according to program policy and procedures.
• Conducts regular apartment inspections, and oversees maintenance of apartments, inventories furniture, and alerts director of maintenance problems.
• Upholds tenant obligations as per Resident Agreement and Rider, informing the director of any issues.
• Assist in leading groups and recreational activities.
• Administers standardized health screening tools.
• Alerts supervisor on duty to incidents, regressions and high-risk behaviors.
• Provides empathy and individualized support to program participants, as needed.
• Assists participants with conflict resolution.
• Documents services delivered response to service and significant events, incidents, regressions and high-risk behaviors.
• Trains participants in safety procedures and conducts fire drills and self-preservation tests.
• Attends trainings as requested by supervisory personnel.
• Duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: High school diploma or G.E.D. Bachelors preferred. Progressively responsible work history. Experience with persons with mental illness/addictive disorders preferred. Experience as a graduate of foster care or residential treatment a plus.
Salary: $18.55 hourly
Email a resume, cover letter and contact information for 3 professional references to:
Director, Human Resources and Information Management
ACMH, Inc., promotes the wellness and recovery of persons with mental illness living in New York City and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing.
For more information, visit our website: www.acmhnyc.org