We are looking for a creative social media intern to combine marketing and social media management skills to architect and enhance company social media presences, including interacting with customers, promoting brand-focused interactive and engaging content, and expanding opportunities for revenue. Works with social media team members to increase brand awareness through the usage of social media platforms. Many social media interns will be given specific tasks related to the creation of social media postings decided upon during department meetings.
Since 2012, Act Now Foundation, a grass roots 501© (3) non-profit, has worked tirelessly to raise awareness, advocate, and educate New Jersey about Alzheimer’s disease, prevention, and early detection. Our Vision is to create a dementia-friendly New Jersey; to reduce the impact of Alzheimer’s disease in New Jersey and to engage communities to build supportive, capable, and Alzheimer’s educated environments; to help Caregivers become prepared, supported, and capable of coping with the challenges they face living and caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias.
To be successful as a social media intern you must have excellent knowledge of various social media platforms. A good social media intern combines creative campaign ideas with analytical skills to create successful posts.
- Work alongside the team to create a plan for social media strategies monthly
- Assist in the growth of the brand by raising awareness through various social media platforms
- Monitor postings to ensure brand message is constant from the terminology used to images posted
- Aid in the daily aspects of promoting the organizations campaigns
- Interact with followers and potential customers by communicating and answering questions through the company’s social pages
- Assist in implementing plans to increase followers on popular social media websites such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Communication, Marketing, or other related field
- Excellent Knowledge of social media platforms
- Comfortable with working with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites
- Ability to work alongside a diverse group of employees and simultaneously work toward many company initiatives at once
- Entry level understanding of marketing strategy and how to use the concepts throughout various forms of outreach
- Ability to multitask and have creative mindset