Looking for a way to help the environment and earn some extra money on the weekends? Join our team of HHW Techs.
ACV Enviro has performed over 2,000 collection events for various state, county, municipal and international government clients preforming multi-county/multi-site collection events, This position entails unloading household waste materials such as paint, pesticides, pool chemicals, drain cleaner etc. from residents vehicles, cataloging and loading the materials into a truck to be taken for proper disposal.
The Household Waste Technician (HHW) will provide onsite support for household hazardous waste collection days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Interact and provide instruction to town/city residents during collection events.
• Unload unwanted household hazardous waste from residents’ vehicles.
• Ensure no material is spilled or released during unloading process.
• Move materials and supplies as directed.
• Assist with site set up and break down.
• Coordinate and manage travel arrangements to HHW collection location as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
• Ability to travel to job site on time
• Ability to work within a team environment and handle multiple tasks
• Ability to interact with public.
• 40-hour OSHA training preferred, but not required.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees as well as town/city residents and staff.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works as part of a team and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of high volume / high traffic events; fast paced. Employee will work in an outdoor environment regardless of weather conditions, remain on their feet for the majority of the job, and be capable of bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors