The Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting the Marketing Department in creating engaging, strategic marketing collateral and content for both our Development (Fundraising & Events) and Program Departments. This role will also assist in the office where needed with production design, merchandise fulfillment, administrative tasks and other special projects.
This position will provide a hands-on opportunity for someone who is interested in learning about marketing and the day-to-day operations of a non-profit organization. Marketing is key to the success of any non-profit organization and a valuable skill to add to any resume. The Marketing Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced marketing professionals with exposure to a wide array of projects including digital marketing, print design, direct mail, video and photography, email, social media, public relations, and advertising.
This internship is a full-time position, Monday–Friday from 9–5. During our event season, there will be some weekends required. It is primarily office work, but will also consist of time in the field, interacting with lessons and participants to develop content (video, photo, articles). Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid internship will earn credit.
Qualified applicants should be a student or recent graduate majoring in marketing, media studies, film, photography, journalism or communications. This position reports to the Marketing Manager, Stacey Schultz.
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
Specific Duties May Include
- Assist with coordinating and creating marketing materials including newsletters, fundraising appeals, brochures, and advertisements
- Capture epic moments on camera and interview staff and participants about their experience. Produce mini documentaries, highlight reels and short articles
- Update website content and maintenance
- Maintain our Shopify shop, including fulfillment of orders
- Writing and editing for all publications
- Assist with print management and direct mailings
- Produce our monthly eNewsletter
- Support our fundraising events with layout of publications, copy-editing, social media and video/photography, as well as on-site installation of signage and banners
- Maintain social media calendar and create original content
- Work with staff in other departments on various tasks, as needed
- Administrative tasks – high attention to detail
- Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday
- Motivation, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer competency; proficiency in Word and Excel
- Organizational and general office skills
Additional Skill Preferred
- Google Analytics
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms (Salsa Engage, MailChimp)
- Strong beginner or intermediate skier (winter) or avid hiker and/or biker (summer) in order to join lessons to capture photo and video
- Experience with people with disabilities
While this is an unpaid internship, intern will receive compensation in multiple different ways:
Intern housing is provided by the Adaptive Sports Center. All interns will live together in the Adaptive Building located in the town of Crested Butte. The ASC will dictate the terms of the lease. Intern housing is valued at $500/month with utilities included. Laundry is available on site. Interns will be asked to provide the ASC with a refundable security deposit of $600 each. The deposit check is held through the end of the season and will only be deposited if charges are incurred.
A $200/month grocery stipend.