The Time and Expenses team are looking for a developer for our Expert Product. This is a great opportunity to launch your IT career, and put your strong problem solving and technical skills to good use. As part of our succession and growth plans, we are excited about adding a group of highly capable and enthusiastic graduate software developers to our team.
Aderant, is a software house providing business management software for legal firms. Our talented and enthusiastic staff mean that we have become a trusted partner to firms of all sizes, from boutique firms based in one office, to global organizations spanning four continents. While our legacy has been providing on-premises software, we’re also embracing the opportunities presented by cloud services and taking advantage of them.
Aderant is a strong adopter of Microsoft technologies. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner which has seen our engineers involved in several TAP programs and working with Microsoft on Beta versions of their software. You’ll be joining a talented development team working on the Aderant Expert Software application and technology suite. You’ll be provided with excellent guidance and support to grow your skills and knowledge.
After your initial induction period you’ll be working on the following duties alongside your team:
- Deliver quality, commercially robust applications, written in .Net, C# and other relevant tools and languages.
- Develop non-compiled artifacts for various functional modules using web technologies, SQL, and proprietary frameworks.
- Adopt agile philosophies and contribute towards improving methodology implementation. Participate in source code and design reviews as required.
- Work collaboratively with your team to ensure the Project/Development manager is aware of any problems or potential problems that may impact scheduled deadlines to projects.
- Conduct research: prepare models, prototypes, requirement documents and other appropriate documentation to enhance the functional and technical aspects of our products.
- We work in a very team centric environment – so we’re expecting an unusually high level of general communication and relating skills so that you work effectively with your peers and clients.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related major.
- 2+ years professional software development experience.
- Experience with .NET and C#.
- Experience with T-SQL is strongly preferred.
- Experience with web development (HTML, jQuery, CSS, XML, etc.).
- SharePoint and SharePoint Search experience is a major plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional outlook and demeanor.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and foster cooperation in executing those tasks.
Our purpose is to help law firms excel and to improve people’s lives. Our commitment to each other is to foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and personal growth where challenging the norm is celebrated.
Culture unites and defines our global company. We encourage our diverse workforce to bring their whole selves to work – ideas, experience, and passion to drive our business forward. From entry level to experienced professional, our environment supports connection, the human kind.