Are you energized by type, fonts and typography? Do you spend your time wondering how we make the tools for creative work using groundbreaking technologies, such as multi-platform development frameworks, native code, and modern C++? Are you interested in helping us assure the quality of the features in leading design products like Xd, not only on the desktop, but on mobile platforms like Illustrator on the iPad? If not, and you wish you were, look no further.
Our team builds the components and features that bring Type and Fonts to the forefront of the user experience in our products, allowing users to express their creativity in a detailed and joyful way. Our features will propel Adobe to the next level of engagement and user retention of our flagship Creative Cloud products, on desktop, web and mobile platforms!
What you will do
- Help us assure the quality of our cross-platform C++ text layout engine that powers typography in the applications of Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc).
- Expand the breadth and depth of our automated test framework and build infrastructure, improving its features and reporting capabilities.
- Write new tests that run in our CI/CD Jenkins system, and that test text layout fidelity, performance, and consistency across all configurations.
- Create reporting dashboards that improve how we work.
- Learn the ins and outs of the text stack and how text works in our flagship products
What you need to succeed
- Keen eye for detail.
- Familiarity with C++, scripting languages, unit testing, gtest, and what text layout engines do at a high level
- Passion for quality and assuring efficient highly performant code for multiple platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field.
Nice to have
- Experience with Web Assembly
- Knowledge of Japanese, Chinese or Korean layout rules and fonts.