The Adobe Platform Team (aka Ethos) is looking for a Web Development Intern to work on a web application for all Ethos functionality (called Ethos Home). Do you love making web applications? If so, this could be the internship for you!
Ethos deploys Adobe-wide software and infrastructure technology, promoting containerization, clusterization, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD). We create tools, processes, and workflows that connect and empower hundreds of internal development teams.
Your role will be to collaborate on the unified user interface that drives these cloud technology products. Our team is solving complicated problems with complex solutions, but we work to create a simple, intuitive UI to make these features accessible to every Adobe developer. You will work as part of the team building this new interface to tie everything together.
In this role, you will:
- Work on an agile scrum team to complete and iterate rapidly on high-impact features
- Have the opportunity to both design your vision as well as implement it
- Collaborate closely with a small team of engineers
- Experience the full product life cycle, from concept to completion
What you need to succeed:
- Experience writing well-structured semantic HTML and reusable CSS
- Excellent communication skills (we’re a geographically distributed team)
- Good understanding of APIs and how to consume them
- Experience using git and GitHub
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with Adobe XD
- Experience building applications in React
- A desire to see a feature through from idea to deployed in production, from user feedback and research to coding designs
- Comfortable with taking the initiative and working independently
- You have your own website we can check out
Some of the technologies we work with:
- Git & Github
- Ruby on Rails
About the Team
- We’re building the platform to run Adobe’s web, big data, and machine learning services.
- Our team of 40+ people works in smaller groups of 3-5 developers. This allows us to be agile while working as part of a larger organization.
- We’re globally distributed but remain intimate. The group is in India, Romania, New York City, Lehi, and San Jose just to name a few.
- Our product and teams are growing quickly. Though we are established, in production, and iterating, there are plenty of challenges to overcome, decisions to be made, and new development to do.