As a Digital Account Manager with New Jersey Advance Media, you will be part of a dynamic sales team driving advertising revenue for one of the country’s largest privately-owned media companies. Your sales success will come from new business development efforts as well as client growth, through our industry-leading digital and print advertising products. You’ll be supported by our leadership team, our interactive sales and product training program, and our commitment to provide resources for your successful sales career.
In this role, you will:
- Achieve your sales goals primarily through retention and growth of existing clients, along prospecting and developing new business
- Collaborate with our sales team to make client transitions efficient from Account Executive to Account Manager
- Meet with local business owners and decision-makers to uncover and understand their business needs and goals so that you can advise clients on our comprehensive product mix including print, digital, search, video and mobile solutions
- Work with colleagues to design custom advertising and marketing solutions that fit your clients’ needs
- Present solutions to clients, working collaboratively to achieve the product mix aligned to their goals
- Review campaign results, learn from data and celebrate your successes
- Work with our advertising fulfillment team to provide accurate information for each client campaign
For this position we’re looking for candidates with:
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education with related experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a sales or account management role, with direct experience with online marketing or media
- Proven success of increasing sales through existing client retention and growth
- Experience in digital advertising would give you a head start
- Ability to build rapport and confidence with clients
- Excellent communication skills – to write, create and deliver effective presentations
- Self-motivation and resilience
- Ability to effectively organize your day, multi-task by pivoting to various sales activities and work under deadlines
- Familiarity with CRM sales management software experience, ideally SalesForce (we’ll provide training)
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Power Point & Excel to create presentations and review data
- Google Analytics; Google AdWords certifications preferred
- Working knowledge of digital advertising products, (display, search engine marketing, search engine optimization), with the ability to learn new technology
Advance Local Media offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, flexible holidays and parental leave as well as options for your healthcare.
NJ Advance Media is a company positioned for the future. We embrace the rapidly evolving digital landscape and are committed to developing new solutions across current and emerging media to help advertisers grow their businesses. In addition to flexible advertising opportunities with powerful media vehicles that we represent, we offer custom digital solutions from web and mobile site development, to a sophisticated array of search and social media optimization and targeted display solutions to reach audiences on all platforms.
Our focus is on developing a real-time approach to reporting news, sports and entertainment content for consumption across all platforms and devices throughout New Jersey and Easton, PA. On nj.com and lehighvalleylive.com, we ensure the communities we serve have 24/7 access to the news and information that’s most relevant locally, regionally and beyond. Our quality journalism and in-depth coverage is provided locally in The Star-Ledger, The Hunterdon County Democrat, The Suburban News, The Times of Trenton, South Jersey Times and The Express-Times.
NJ Advance Media is a part of Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 20 cities, reaching 58+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Customer-first, Inclusiveness, Collaboration and Forward-looking. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.