As an Advertising Operations Manager with New Jersey Advance Media, you’ll oversee a team of digital campaign experts, with trafficking and optimization platform capabilities knowledge. You’ll oversee team execution of digital campaigns for performance against set benchmarks, achieving team and personal account volumes, as well as revenue goals. You’ll ensure the team is well-versed in industry trends, and following through on empowerment of market expertise.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee a team of Digital Campaign Specialists, providing consistent coaching and development on platforms, optimization techniques, and best practices, for continued career growth
- Provide oversight of digital campaign executions assigned to Digital Campaign Specialists
- Support Sales Partners, predominantly backend, with the goal to help empower knowledge to those on client calls requiring more technical and strategic insight to help progress a revenue deal or maintain 85% retention levels
- Participate in designated innovation segment in monthly collaboration strategy meetings to discuss solution best practices and innovations to knowledge-share and brainstorm with Operations peers across the Advance footprint
- Work closely with the Director of Ad Operations on updates to product and service offerings, their fulfillment, and associated processes, provide regular communications on updates, learnings, challenges, resolutions, and opportunities within your local market. Provide weekly update on team’s performance, identified trends, wins, and areas of improvement. Suggest, facilitate, and drive continuous improvements to the team and processes based off data and learnings.
- Engage and collaborate directly with Virtual Operations and Solutions Leaders to learn new enhancements, platform tactics and holistic marketing strategies as well as to ensure excellence and optimal results through the training of your team.
- Manage campaign fulfillment and support staff by establishing and monitoring performance goals, documenting performance and conducting performance reviews; training, coaching, mentoring, and providing feedback on an ongoing basis; and performing regular quality control checks on staff work, ensuring completeness and adherence to established protocols and processes
- Track attendance, approve time off or telecommuting requests, as well as address and course-correct any staff issues
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience and expertise in all phases of campaign execution and holistic, digital marketing knowledge in Display, Video, Search, SEO, Social and Content Marketing, including demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Organizational skills to manage process flows and employee performance across multiple locations
- Ability to manage and direct the large picture of providing local support across multiple client industries, yet detailed enough to provide continuous improvement to process flows and customer support
- Client-focused, with superb communication skills and the ability to meet the needs of your team, clients, and cross-department partners
- Goal-oriented with a demonstrated understanding of the digital media industry
- The ability to keep current with, and ahead of, changes in the digital space, and facilitate and inform appropriate team members of those latest enhancements and trends, to continue driving company and product excellence
- The ability to multitask, adapt and flourish in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Proven attention to detail for own work and work of others
- Solid PC skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite, Power Point, & Excel
Advance Local Media offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, flexible holidays and parental leave as well as options for your healthcare.
NJ Advance Media is a company positioned for the future. We embrace the rapidly evolving digital landscape and are committed to developing new solutions across current and emerging media to help advertisers grow their businesses. In addition to flexible advertising opportunities with powerful media vehicles that we represent, we offer custom digital solutions from web and mobile site development, to a sophisticated array of search and social media optimization and targeted display solutions to reach audiences on all platforms.
Our focus is on developing a real-time approach to reporting news, sports and entertainment content for consumption across all platforms and devices throughout New Jersey and Easton, PA. On nj.com and lehighvalleylive.com, we ensure the communities we serve have 24/7 access to the news and information that’s most relevant locally, regionally and beyond. Our quality journalism and in-depth coverage is provided locally in The Star-Ledger, The Hunterdon County Democrat, The Suburban News, The Times of Trenton, South Jersey Times and The Express-Times.
NJ Advance Media is a part of Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 20 cities, reaching 58+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Customer-first, Inclusiveness, Collaboration and Forward-looking. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.