The Social Analyst develops the strategy, planning, deployment and management of social media campaigns integrated into our clients’ overall marketing plan. This includes all elements of campaign execution – from proposal research, competitive analysis, budget management, ongoing performance monitoring, optimization, and performance analysis. While collaborating with our local sales teams and advertisers, this position works towards increasing sales/conversions, while improving efficiencies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee the inception, creation, development and execution of our social media campaigns to ensure adherence to client goals and objectives
- Responsible for owning and accurately and efficiently handling full execution of digital campaigns for dedicated products
- Provide full, hands-on campaign execution in collaboration with sales, creative and marketing colleagues
- Monitor campaign delivery and pacing by proactively ensuring campaigns are complete, on track for delivery and performed to set standards and benchmarks
- Assist upon request from sales, to participate in potential client calls requiring more technical and strategic insight to help progress a revenue deal or maintain 85% retention levels
- Provide post-sale campaign executions, with support of sales strategy as needed
- Build and provide monthly data QA performance reporting into Performance Reporting Dashboards, with clear data showing accurate reporting metrics.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of one year (but two years’ preferred) experience managing and optimizing social media campaigns using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and/or bid management tools
- Demonstrated ability to learn digital solution strategy, dedicated platform execution and optimization techniques
- Facebook Ads and Google Analytics certification(s) preferred
- Familiarity with SEO, website best practices, and/or other digital marketing channels preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of ad operations processes
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to understand and translate reporting metrics
- Ability to work virtually and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders/groups
- Creative thinker, who is an assertive problem solver with an analytical mind
- Ability to take ownership of account strategies and clearly communicate with the client
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Advance Local Media offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, flexible holidays and parental leave as well as options for your healthcare.
NJ Advance Media is a company positioned for the future. We embrace the rapidly evolving digital landscape and are committed to developing new solutions across current and emerging media to help advertisers grow their businesses. In addition to flexible advertising opportunities with powerful media vehicles that we represent, we offer custom digital solutions from web and mobile site development, to a sophisticated array of search and social media optimization and targeted display solutions to reach audiences on all platforms.
Our focus is on developing a real-time approach to reporting news, sports and entertainment content for consumption across all platforms and devices throughout New Jersey and Easton, PA. On nj.com and lehighvalleylive.com, we ensure the communities we serve have 24/7 access to the news and information that’s most relevant locally, regionally and beyond. Our quality journalism and in-depth coverage is provided locally in The Star-Ledger, The Hunterdon County Democrat, The Suburban News, The Times of Trenton, South Jersey Times and The Express-Times.
NJ Advance Media is a part of Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 20 cities, reaching 58+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Customer-first, Inclusiveness, Collaboration and Forward-looking. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.