Purpose of the Position:
Under the supervision of the Location Manager, Supervisor or Event Manager, the purpose of the Valet Associate is to park and retrieve vehicles in a safe and timely manner while providing an excellent hospitality experience to guests/visitors and ensuring smooth and safe traffic flow.
The Valet Associate can be assigned to an Event or Location Site depending on the needs of the company. The Valet is to provide valet parking services safely and efficiently by briskly walking or running at an acceptable pace to retrieve vehicles and keep traffic flowing safely. The Valet Associate will greet incoming or outgoing residents/guests with eye contact and proper salutation. In order to ensure vehicles are properly accounted for, the Valet Associate will provide guests with tickets, then ticket vehicle and ticket vehicle keys. The valet associate moves resident and guest vehicles to a designated parking location. They must adhere to specified speed limits, traffic signs and traffic laws. The Valet Associate is to build rapport and provide professional and courteous service to all residents/guests at Location Sites and/or Events, while following company policies and procedures.
• Driver’s license.
• Clean driving record.
• Must be over the age of 18 for insurance purpose.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Customer service experience.
• Adhere to APC location site Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
• Well groomed, professional appearance.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Weekend and 2nd shift (3p-11p) availability required.
• Flexible availability; ability to provide coverage when requested.
• Ability to operate a stick shift vehicle preferred, not required.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk/jog to vehicles, get in and out of vehicles, and lift, push and pull at least 30 lbs.
• Physical demands described in this job description must be met in order to perform essential job functions.
• All other duties as assigned.