If you want to learn operations, people skills, and business leadership, this is the opportunity for you! This position offers the most unique, fun yet demanding, and rewarding atmosphere in which a student could spend their summer. This is a position that will assist the Front Desk Manager in all aspects of operating the front desk of a resort. The student will utilize and develop the leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills that are essential within the hospitality industry. This position will have the student engage with thousands of guests all for the goal of creating a wonderful vacation memory for everyone who stays at the resort. The student will become a great ambassador for Adventureland Resort by practicing the skills required of a front desk manager and by consistently acting as a person of good character.
It is difficult to describe all the challenges that the student will solve during the summer and all the benefits from which they will derive. Every student that has served as an intern has experienced both tremendous personal and professional growth.
May 2022–August 2022. Full time between Spring semester and Fall semester, optional weekends-only after Fall semester begins. Flexible dates are available.
• Develop the knowledge, experience, judgement, and confidence to perform the duties of a Front Desk Manager
• Provide support for all aspects of the front desk.
• Possess a detailed understanding of the resort and its amenities and services
• Conduct new employee training and education
• Develop rapport with new and returning managers and employees
• Understand and be able to execute the Emergency Action Plan at the Inn and at the Campground
• Possess the capability to create, cancel, and receive payment for reservations.
• Make and receive calls as required to serve the guest’s needs
• Understand and be able to complete the night audit—including working a night audit shift
• Respond to guest questions, feedback, and reviews effectively and with tactfulness
• Coordinate and assist front desk agents to ensure completion of all required tasks
• Help guests arrive, depart, and have an exemplary stay by creating a warm and friendly environment
• Develop rooming agreements and room blocks for large groups
• Ensure that all daily duties are completed including balancing cash drawers and depositing cash drops
• Work within the campground office to ensure that all arrivals, departures, and long-terms guests are satisfied
• Monitor inventories of required supplies
• Act as concierge for guests by proactively meeting their needs for a successful stay
• Support other departments as necessary
• Ability to work in fast paced environment and handle stress
• Self-directed and able to find quick solutions
• Strong belief in yourself, your abilities, and your perseverance
• Fast, intuitive learner
• Excellent listening skills
• Capability to interpret challenges as growth opportunities
• Be on feet for long periods; job involves sitting, standing, and walking
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Past customer service experience
• Conflict Management skills; ability to deescalate tense situations
• Experience serving in a position of leadership
• Independent, resourceful worker
• Prepared to work weekends and holidays
• Lift and carry up to 10lbs
Business Management; Hospitality Management; Public Relations; General Business; Communications; any major that deals with people or leadership.
• Five days a week
• 40 hours a week during park season
• Ability to work overtime may be available
• Students selected for this position will work 500-700 hours during the spring and summer
• Flexible starting and ending dates
• Meals and uniforms provided
• Free admission to Adventureland Park on days off
• Access to Friends & Family tickets