AECOM is seeking a Senior Specialist, EHS to be based in Eklton, VA
The assignment will be full time for at least 6 months to 1 year with a high likelihood of extending to 1.5 to 2 years. The location of the project will in in Elkton, VA. The assignment will be on a rotating basis, 2 weeks at the facility and 2 weeks virtual support.
Description Summary :
• Senior technical resource may serve as technical advisor for team
• Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff’s specific area of expertise.
• Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high quality cost effective work by others.
• Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
• Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
• Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package.
• Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
• Prepares technical specification sections.
• Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
Job Description :
Responsible for supporting environmental, health, and safety compliance programs at the site. Work closely with operating areas to assist with integrating EHS programs into daily operations to assure regulatory compliance, achieve continuous performance improvement, and meeting EHS performance objectives.
Responsible for compliance in assigned area of accountability, EHS oversight of engineering projects,
self-assessments and internal EHS auditing, environmental reporting, installing and maintaining safety and environmental program elements.
Performs responsibilities and addresses problems with limited supervision.
Major focus will be to provide support for Merck EHS staff/management in the areas of waste management, air permitting/compliance, monthly and annual agency reporting, industrial hygiene and environmental sampling, environmental permit inspections, and reporting Occasionally conducts hazard assessments, incident investigations, safety regulatory field analysis, safety reporting and permit applications.
2. Reviews processes, facilities, procedures and management of change documents to assure conformance to recognized EHS regulations, standards and guidelines.
3. Provides support to client groups in completing injury/illness analysis, training, self-assessments and addressing specific EHS concerns as they are raised.
4. With a thorough knowledge of EHS regulations and their applicability, develops EHS procedures, guidelines and training programs as assigned.
5. Recognizes emerging problems and pro-actively develop solutions.
6. Develops and implements EHS strategies for assigned program(s) and action plans.
8. Assure completion of regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local EHS requirements.
9. Experience with EHS regulatory inspections and advocacy.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
Minimum Requirements :
- BA/BS degree plus 6 years related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must pass a State and Federal criminal history/security background check; many projects clients are security sensitive.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Physically able, with or without an accommodation, to work in indoor and outdoor environments with uneven terrain. Variable environmental conditions include noise and chemicals. This position requires frequent (more than 50% of the workday) standing/walking, climbing stairs, keyboard/mouse operations, repetitive or fine hand movements, and lifting <25 pounds; often (25-50% of the workday) performing repetitive bending/stooping; occasionally (10-25% of the workday) working with arms above shoulder level, power gripping/squeezing (hand tools, levers, etc.), operating vehicles, working at heights, using portable ladders, and lifting 25-50 pounds; rarely (less than 10% of the workday) lifting 50-75 pounds. Position will include wearing associated personal protective equipment, including but not limited to safety shoes/boots, hard hat, and hearing protection.
Preferred Qualifications :
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training and current 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher
- Experience with Waste Management
- Experience with air quality
- Experience with Safety