OSI internships are available through the Air Force Premier College Intern Program (PCIP). College students enrolled in a full-time baccalaureate program or a full-time master’s program may be eligible for a 12 week paid internship (GS-05) during the summer just prior to their college graduation. Applicants must apply through USAjobs.gov website when the public notice is posted. The application window is usually open from early September through late October each year, but actual dates may vary.
Current Vacancy Announcement:
Basic eligibility criteria for PCIP:
(1) Currently enrolled, and in good academic standing (minimum 2.95 cumulative GPA) in a full-time program, at a public or other non-profit institution of higher education; AND
(2) Making satisfactory progress toward receipt of a baccalaureate or master’s degree;
(3) Must be on schedule to complete bachelor’s/master’s degree no later than June 30 following their internship.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no flexibility in the above education requirements; PCIP applicants must be currently enrolled in a full-time college program.
– US Citizenship
– Possess a valid driver’s license
– Must pass rigorous background investigation
OSI PCIP interns may be non-competitively converted to a permanent appointment within the PALACE Acquire (PAQ) program. The target grade of the conversion will be GL-07. However, it is important to remember that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee the applicant will be offered a permanent position, and applicants must meet all the OSI PAQ eligibility requirements to be considered for conversion.