Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Drug Product Group Lead to perform various manufacturing tasks under the guidelines of established SOP’s and cGMP regulations. The Drug Product Group Lead will oversee non-exempt Drug Product Manufacturing staff. They are responsible for establishing performance standards, employee coaching and development, determining employee responsibilities, evaluating performance and rewarding as appropriate. In addition the Group Lead will review GMP documents and participate in process investigations and deviations while ensuring GMP compliance and inspection-readiness. The Group Lead also assists middle and upper management in interviewing and retaining talent.
- Performs various manufacturing tasks under the guidelines of established SOP’s and cGMP regulations.
- Writes deviations, OOS and any other investigations pertaining to the group.
- Works with management to implement process improvements, trainings, new projects and facility repairs.
- Performs troubleshooting of mechanical issues that arise with manufacturing equipment.
- Schedules manufacturing tasks under cGMP guidelines and under minimal supervision from manufacturing management.
- Directs manufacturing associates helping to streamline processes and ensure oversight throughout operations.
- Acts as subject matter expert for specific pieces of equipment.
- Responsible for communicating issues or deviations in a timely manner to the client.
- May troubleshoot manufacturing processes that are complex in level under cGMP guidelines and under the supervision of manufacturing supervisor.
- Develops expertise in specific areas of manufacturing which add value to the company.
- Leads the research and implementation of new methods and technologies to enhance operations.
- Routinely implements production and manufacturing procedures.
- Accurately documents data and writes/reviews batch records under cGMP guidelines.
- Responsible for routine maintenance of production equipment and production suites. May research and procure equipment for multiple manufacturing processes.
- Initiates and writes revisions to current GMP/SOP guidelines. Reliably executes and writes well defined SOP’s and manufacturing batch records.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering discipline or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in manufacturing or laboratory environment.
- Minimum of one (1) year functional or day to day leadership experience.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions in a manufacturing GMP environment.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to collaborate with team members.
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better – both at work and at home.
- Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
- 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off + Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Annual Company Shutdown in December
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
- 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- Backup Daycare and Eldercare
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events and Food Truck Fridays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs
- Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the “Careers” section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.