Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Monitoring Technician to support Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services manufacturing. This is a vital role within our Quality Control group and is responsible for supporting manufacturing through collection and testing of water, surface and utility samples during various manufacturing and lab processes. As an Environmental Monitoring Assistant you will acquire an understanding of aseptic technique, continuously exhibit proper clean room behavior, and adhere to cGMPs.
- Performs environmental monitoring within the microbiology laboratory, manufacturing suites, clean rooms, and drug product operations.
- Performs enumeration and gram staining of bacterial colonies.
- Sampling and analysis of the utilities including water, steam, and compressed gasses.
- Support process qualification of water, HVAC, and other systems.
- Must gown qualify and exemplify cleanroom behavior.
- Maintains lab area including routine cleaning of benches, biosafety cabinets, shelving and floors
- Compiles data for documentation of test procedures.
- Initiates routine environmental action level reports and deviation reports.
- Embodies Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services‚ cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company policies and practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree preferred in a Life Sciences discipline or equivalent.
- Zero to two (0-2) years of relevant experience in laboratory or quality control.
- Ability to perform testing in a highly accurate and reproducible manner.
- Familiarity with cGMP, manufacturing, machine operations, troubleshooting, and data entry.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions in a laboratory environment.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better – both at work and at home.
- Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
- 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off + Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Annual Company Shutdown in December
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
- 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- Backup Daycare and Eldercare
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events and Food Truck Fridays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs
- Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the “Careers” section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.