Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Process Science Associate III – Upstream who under minimal supervision, develops, optimizes and scales-up upstream manufacturing processes for large scale plasmid and protein production.
- Designs and conducts experiments with lab notebook/documentation that follow protocols and accurately records procedure and results.
- Develops, optimizes and scales-up upstream manufacturing processes for large scale plasmid and protein production.
- Performs host cell selection, fermentation condition screening, and GMP cell banking.
- Completes analytical testing for process science experiments and manufacturing investigations.
- Performs data analysis, and prepares results summaries.
- Prepares components, media, buffers, and other solutions as needed.
- Authors and reviews cell banking GMP batch records and upstream process science SOPs; reviews other GMP-related batch records and SOPs, as required.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Sciences discipline or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in fermentation.
- Extensive experience and understanding of principles of fermentation.
- Understanding of principles and experience with tangential flow filtration (TFF).
- Basic analytical assay experience (SDS PAGE and agarose gel electrophoresis, protein and DNA concentration determinations, immunoassays).
- Adept at experimental design and analysis.
- Protein and/or plasmid manufacturing experience.
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better – both at work and at home.
- Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
- 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off + Volunteer Time Off
- Annual Company Shutdown in December
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
- 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- Backup Daycare and Eldercare
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events and Food Truck Fridays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs
- Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the “Careers” section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.