Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Specialist! In this role you will coordinate and perform technical and administrative SHE department activities. Depending on the company and departmental needs, you may have a specialty focus such as; Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Management, Facilities and Contractor Safety, or function as an SHE Generalist.
- Coordinates and performs essential functions defined in the site environmental management system manual per ISO14001 standard requirements.
- Responsible for determining applicability, developing content, and facilitating SHE training programs such as new hire orientation, annual refresher training, and specialized SHE training.
- Maintains SHE documentation systems.
- Coordinates and participates in emergency preparedness activities such as; building evacuation lists, evacuation drills, Incident Response Teams, and related trainings.
- Oversees hazardous waste consolidation and hazardous waste shipping activities.
- Provides administrative management support for SHE related licenses and permits.
- Schedules SHE observations and coordinates the completion of corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Calculates and communicates SHE KPIs.
- Performs hazard and risk assessments, and develops and communicates risk mitigation strategies.
- Performs incident investigations and determines root cause and corrective or preventive actions.
- Determines applicability, develops, and implements SHE written policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining and reviewing SDS of new chemicals and communicating the hazards associated with the chemicals.
- Coordinates ergonomic activities such as the evaluation of employee work spaces, recommendations for improving ergonomics, and tracking the progress of employee ergonomic issues.
- Responsible for working with affected departments to issue safe work permits such as; hot work, lockout/tag out, confined space, live electrical work, and other safe work permits.
- Administration of the Safety Incentive Program.
- Acts a cultural leader for SHE initiatives such as Zero Injury Mindset and Care for the Environment programs.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Training Program Certificate in related discipline required and/or Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred.
- Professional certification such as; CHMM, CSP, CIH or progression toward certification is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in Environmental Health and Safety.
- Laboratory or manufacturing experience desired.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better – both at work and at home.
- Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
- 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off + Volunteer Time Off
- Annual Company Shutdown in December
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
- 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- Backup Daycare and Eldercare
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events and Food Truck Fridays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs
- Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the “Careers” section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.