Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Microbiology Associate I to support Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services’ manufacturing. This position is responsible for supporting manufacturing at Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services. The Sr. Microbiology Associate I may focus in a specialized area and provide analysis, testing and perform qualifications according to standard operating procedures in any of the following areas: in process and final product testing and microbiology assays including TOC, conductivity, bioburden, endotoxin, and growth promotion.
- Performs in-process and finished goods release testing for routine water and product as needed.
- Prepares method qualification protocols & reports, and performs qualification testing.
- Reviews and approves data and authors trend reports.
- Responds to client questions and participates in client-facing activities.
- Serves as departmental representative on cross-functional teams.
- Performs notebook studies and special projects as needed.
- Responsible for the implementation of departmental continuous improvement and cost-savings measures.
- Initiates Document Change Requests (DCRs) for SOP revisions when improvements are identified.
- Authors investigations for deviations associated with lab testing.
- Trains junior analysts on microbiological methods per applicable SOPs and cGMP’s.
- Interfaces with contract labs and compiles test data.
- Reviews data obtained for compliance specifications and reports abnormalities to manager.
- Participates in client and regulatory audits as needed.
- Manages inventory and initiates purchase requisitions as needed.
- Manages lab equipment and tracks calibration due dates.
- Maintains lab area including routine cleaning of benches, incubators, refrigerators, and Biological Safety Cabinets. Performs 6S lab audits and assigns corrective actions as needed.
- Creates weekly lab schedules.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to perform work in compliance with cGMP’s; complies with training due dates and is accountable for training on various Micro functions.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred in a Life Sciences discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in laboratory environment or equivalent.
- Experience with GMP, aseptic techniques, troubleshooting, and data entry.
- Ability to perform testing in a highly accurate and reproducible manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions in a laboratory environment.
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better – both at work and at home.
- Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
- 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off + Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Annual Company Shutdown in December
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
- 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- Backup Daycare and Eldercare
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events and Food Truck Fridays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs
- Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the “Careers” section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.