Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Supervisor, Microbiology to support Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services’ manufacturing. The Sr. Supervisor is responsible for the management and training of the Microbiology laboratory team. The individual also writes, reviews and approves SOPs, OOSs, and deviations. This position supervises the daily execution of the contamination control program.
- Ensures the lab activities are conducted in compliance with all relevant regulatory and compendial guidances. Ensure that GLP is implemented at all times.
- Acts as subject matter expert for the Microbiology laboratory including bioburden, growth promotion, biological indicators, endotoxin, and water tests.
- Interacts with Project Managers to ensure all test parameters and product specifications are available. Ensures test timelines are defined and met.
- Ensures all Bioburden and Endotoxin method development and qualifications meet compendial requirements.
- Interacts with clients during audits as a subject matter expert for the Microbiology laboratory.
- Oversees and reviews/approves test results. Writes SOPs, OOS and other reports as required.
- Releases batch records.
- Manages direct reports and schedules the tests and functions of the laboratory to meet timelines.
- Ensures training of all direct reports and self is current.
- Represents Environmental Monitoring, Bioburden and Endotoxin, in internal and external meetings.
- Maintains laboratory performance metrics on a monthly basis.
- Acts as subject matter expert for the Environmental Monitoring team.
- Oversees and reviews/approves test results and SOPs.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Microbiology.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Ability to supervise and motivate laboratory personnel.
- In-depth knowledge of microbiological methods and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Environmental Monitoring and contamination control.
- Directs and provides expert knowledge in the day-to-day function of the Microbiology department.
- Identifies, recruits, and retains top-notch talent.
- Champions Aji Bio-Pharma’s culture and empowers employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Coaches, mentors, engage and develop the team, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and learning opportunities.
- Sets performance standards and encourages employee engagement and results through delegation, continuous feedback, goal setting, and performance management.
- Maintains transparent communication. Appropriately communicates organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Provides oversight and direction to the employees in accordance with Aji Bio-Pharma’s policies and procedures.
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better – both at work and at home.
- Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
- 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off + Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Annual Company Shutdown in December
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
- 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- Backup Daycare and Eldercare
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events and Food Truck Fridays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs
- Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the “Careers” section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.