Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for Accounts Receivable and assists with other general ledger functions. This team member will be expected to effectively perform their functions so that the Company’s financial statements are prepared accurately, timely and in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and related internal controls on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
The successful candidate must be driven to grow their skills and capabilities, have proven ability to thrive in a team environment, and be willing to assist other team members to achieve team goals and objectives that may extend beyond listed responsibilities.
- Performs Accounts Receivable functions which includes processing invoices records, and customer payments, as well as communicating with customers to collect outstanding balances.
- Responsible for posting cash transactions, reconciling bank accounts, and cash flow forecasting
- Communicates with various departments, including Project Management, Sales, Client Services, and Operations, to obtain information about the status of client projects.
- Prepares information regarding client account balances for senior management and other interested parties on a routine basis and upon request.
- Leads monthly A/R collections update with Business Development team.
- Manages and prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger accounts including accounts receivable, cash, and others as assigned.
- Performs assigned responsibilities in accordance with company procedures.
- Compiles documentation to support transactions during audits by internal and external parties.
- Participates in month end close process.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 0-3years of relevant experience in Accounting.
- Previous work in a public company environment is a plus.
- Detail oriented, with strong organization and prioritization skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office applications. Advanced Excel skills (Vlookups, PivotTables, and macros) are a plus.
- Previous hands-on ERP experience preferred. Company currently uses QAD.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing to all levels within the organization. Ability to work with all levels of management and cross functional groups.
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better – both at work and at home.
- Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
- 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off + Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Annual Company Shutdown in December
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
- 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- Backup Daycare and Eldercare
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events and Food Truck Fridays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs
- Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the “Careers” section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.