Alarm.com is seeking a Human Resources Summer Intern to support our growing team in a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment. This role will provide an exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience in a variety of HR functions such as recruiting, employee engagement, learning & development, and HR operations.
The HR Intern’s responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the team with coordination and research for HR initiatives and projects as well as data entry and analysis.
- Working alongside HR Business Partners and HR Generalists to support our customers by assessing their needs and developing solutions.
- Providing recruiting support and coordination as required.
- Assisting in the preparation of team meetings and events. Recording meeting notes and action items as necessary.
- Providing organizational communications support for the HR team, including creating and editing materials to inform and educate employees.
- Assisting in creating and documenting processes and procedures for the HR team and employees to follow.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- A very high degree of personal integrity including the ability to manage sensitive or confidential information
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple processes and priorities and deliver assignments in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Highly motivated, resourceful, self-starter with ability to deliver results
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace within weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and an annual corporate retreat.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.