Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we’re known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work location: Naperville, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Identifies and maximizes external resources, thought leadership, and industry best practices to support the evolution and development of ALDI’s Diversity Equity & Inclusion and Employee Resource Group programs.
• Manages key components of an Employee Resource Group strategy and framework, including recommending, developing, implementing, and evaluating Employee Resource Group policies, toolkits, governance, guidelines and templates.
• Serves as a Diversity Equity & Inclusion ambassador and promotes the Employee Resource Group value proposition to better engage with current and future employees.
• Collaborates with the Diversity Equity & Inclusion team leadership to develop and implement new strategic activities and initiatives.
• Leads diversity analytics, including benchmarking, tracking metrics, analyzing and generating diversity reporting to various audiences to highlight trends, program effectiveness and demonstrate the impact of Diversity Equity & Inclusion programs and initiatives.
• Coordinates, plans and schedules all aspects of diversity-related programs and events on an annual basis.
• Oversees Diversity Equity & Inclusion content and communication on the intranet and other communication platforms.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Acts as a project manager on high priority Diversity Equity & Inclusion projects and initiatives by focusing on the big picture, identifying dependencies and understanding how outcomes affect other areas of the business.
• Establishes priorities among tasks, deliverables, resources and schedules based on management requirements for assigned projects; communicates to project support team members as needed.
• Evaluates reporting needs for assigned projects, collaborating with necessary working groups to provide creative and quantitative data to determine ROI for leadership and various business partners.
• Leads identification and development of appropriate project documentation, effectively communicating the status and potential organization impact that may result from the project’s completion.
• Remains current and leads compliance with new federal, state, and local legislation and regulations impacting Diversity Equity & Inclusion; identifies developing trends within the industry; liaises with internal stakeholders to ensure documentation of possible impacts to the Company.
• Assists direct leader with all project management related responsibilities and manages projects of a larger scope.
• Assists in training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively “get the job done”.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Strong Diversity Equity & Inclusion acumen with knowledge of the issues surrounding race, diversity, equity, inclusion, and implicit bias.
• Capacity to define program requirements and use data and metrics to determine improvements and establish clear objectives.
• Utilizes understanding, intuition and sensitivity to influence decisions around Diversity Equity & Inclusion topics.
• Advanced project management skills to handle complex projects simultaneously from start to finish.
• Ability to handle, administer, report, and track allocation for all Diversity Equity & Inclusion programs and Employee Resources Groups.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Passion for, understanding of, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Multicultural & Diversity Studies or a related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion, Communications, Organizational Development or Social Impact required.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion principals and best practices required.
• Experience developing and scaling diversity & inclusion initiatives for 5 years or more with measurable results required.
• Experience working with employee resource groups and/or working with employee networks required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
Apply: Please apply directly to this link to be considered: