Who We Are:
We are an immigration law firm focused on social innovation, determined to provide immigrants with the information and tools they need to become United States citizens. It is our mission to make a difference in the lives of millions of immigrants by providing an affordable and accessible path to citizenship.
As an Immigration Law Trainee, you will:
• Be responsible for drafting email correspondence, letters and documentation to clients, government agencies, and colleagues
• Facilitate communication between corporate clients, beneficiaries, and attorneys
• Play a key role in the process of drafting and filing applications and petitions with the court and government agencies
• Organize and gather information for clients, managers, and reporting needs
• Develop extensive knowledge about immigration processes
• Employ our proprietary case management system to maintain confidential information from clients
• Update clients and senior level team members on the status of their cases
• Request, collect, and file documents according to a defined sequence
• Escalate case issues to supervisor
• Use client data to update our case management system
• Thoroughly understand firm, immigration case types, and client processes
• Collaborate with teammates and welcome guidance and direction
• Meet assigned deadlines while communicating any case/status issues with your supervisor
• Prioritize assignments on your own while maintaining an adaptable attitude
• Receive a letter of recommendation upon completion of the program
Qualifications / How To Apply:
• Impeccable English skills (verbal and written)
• Bachelor’s or associate’s degree
• A desire to provide clients with the best service possible
• A capacity to self-motivate and effectively manage time and attention
• Experience using spreadsheet or data collection software, including Microsoft Excel
• Ability to multi-task in a high-stakes environment with constantly evolving priorities
• Strong detail orientation and ability to meet deadlines
• A willingness to support and collaborate with team members
Our legal trainee program is ideal for candidates who are planning to go to law school and would like to gain some practical legal experience beforehand. Candidates accepted into the trainee program participate in remote targeted training and experiences and have the opportunity to take advantage of learning and development programs and systems that our company offers. This includes 1:1 mentorship, custom learning and development sessions, and other programs focusing on startup and social good innovation. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are critical components of what we as Aliens do so we ensure these topics are integrated throughout the program.
If accepted, trainee program participants are given a lot of responsibility and the opportunity to provide a meaningful contribution to their teams. Responsibilities are assigned to trainees at the start of the program and continuously throughout their engagement.
This position complies with the Fair Labor Standard Act.