Disruption Index Analyst (Contract)
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for conducting secondary research on disruption – the forces in the world that are causing massive change across businesses, economies, and societies.
For 40 years, AlixPartners has been helping our clients navigate disruption. Over this time, we’ve seen technological innovations enabling new business models and ways of working at unprecedented speed. Consumers are empowered to demand what they want, when and how they want it, constructing and inhabiting self-curated digital ecosystems. In a hyperconnected world, more than a billion people, primarily in Asia, have emerged from poverty, shifting the dynamic center of the global economy eastward. Populations are aging. Inequality is rising. The climate is changing. And the list goes on.
Because of its impact on so many of our clients, we have embarked on a multi-year study of disruption, looking at the forces at work and how they are impacting business. The AlixPartners Disruption Index (ADI) leverages executive survey insights to provide a unique perspective on the challenges facing business and what best-in-class leaders are doing to meet them.
For more information about some of our Disruption insights, please visit: https://disruption.alixpartners.com/
The Disruption Index Analyst, a part-time (10 – 20 hours per week), 3 – 6 month assignment, is a remote working role which can be located anywhere in the United States. It reports to our Head of Content Marketing.
- Conduct third-party research on the forces of disruption and their impact on the world and, specifically, on business.
- Provide written and/or oral summaries of disruptive trends and of scholarly works on the subject.
- Support the ADI team to craft and edit content for publication by AlixPartners related to disruption, including, but not limited to, the annual index.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or Ph.D. candidate preferred.
- An understanding of basic microeconomic and macroeconomic principles, as well as the interworkings of creative destruction, innovation, and cycles of disruption.
- Experience and interest in studying the forces of disruption shaping the world.
- Intellectually curious, self-directed, output-driven, and able to operate independently between regular checkpoints.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ability to work part-time in a remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)