Independently performs routine and special procedures on patient specimens.
- Microscopically screens gynecologic and non-gynecologic slides containing cells from all body sites. Meets the minimum screening output standard. Microscopically screens gynecologic slides utilizing imager technology. (60%)
- Prepares and processes specimens and assists pathologists, radiologists and clinician with fine needle aspirates, as needed, following departmental policies and safety guidelines. (15%)
- Operates, calibrates, checks and maintains instrumentation. Recognizes problems with quality control and test procedures and takes appropriate action to ensure quality clinical information. (10%)
- Participates in continuing educational programs to keep updated with current and changing technologies. Assists in training of other health care providers. (10%)
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and adequate supplies for efficient departmental operations. Participates and successfully completes annual proficiency testing. (5%)
- Selects specimens that must be submitted for pathologist review, quality control and quality assurance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in NCA eligible program or bachelor’s degree and one year certificate program trained
- CT (ASCP)
- Clinical cytotechnologist experience