Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, protocols, and standards of the healthcare organization.
- Utilizes the nursing process in providing and coordinating the plan of patient care for the age appropriate population.
- Initiates interdisciplinary plan of care based on assessment findings and physician orders for the age appropriate population.
- Completes patient documentation in a comprehensive manner and promotes communication between caregivers.
- Contributes to Division, Hospital, and Department goals.
- Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and families to effectively guide them through the episode of care as well as transition to another level of care and/or home.
- Collaborates and supports the development of students, new staff and colleagues.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Completed RN training program and have PA RN licensure or have applied for practice permit
- CPR Certification that meets American Heart Association Guidelines
All new GN’s/RN’s are enrolled into the Allegheny Health Network, Nurse Residency Program
- Vizient/AACN Program
- Length: 1 year, paid, 4 hours/month away from the bedside
- Based on 3 core curriculum areas: Leadership, Patient Safety, Professional Role
- Assists the graduate nurse into the transition of a more independent, confident, and competent clinical nurse
- Provides a development plan and assists in career development and planning