- Provides research, analysis, coordination and processing of clerical or administrative accounting work, including ensuring accounting transactions, invoices, entries, billings, and balances are complete and accurate to meet schedules, deadlines and accounting/regulatory standards.
- Creating, developing and analyzing manual and computerized reports/spreadsheets.
- Providing information, procedural assistance, and training to others.
- Coordinating and processing computerized systems to ensure reliable and available accounting data, participating in enhancements, changes, testing and/or implementation of computer systems.
- Completing special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent PLUS a two year vocational certificate with accounting coursework
- Associates degree with accounting focus preferred
Accounting Associate I
- No experience required.
Accounting Associate II
- Four years or more job related experience
- Requires good communication skills to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.