This applicant pool may be used to fill additional openings within 90 days of the posting close date.
- Starts up, shuts down and operates boiler and turbine auxiliaries to meet customer needs and in accordance with MP safety rules, federal and state regulations and insurance guidelines.
- Energizes, de-energizes and isolates substation and line equipment while assuring the safety of crews and equipment.
- Provides external entities and/or direct customers with continuous service.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year or more job related work experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must obtain and maintain a Special boiler license within six months of hire
- Must obtain and maintain a Second Class “A” boiler license
- 12 hour rotating shifts
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Audiometric and pulmonary function testing.
- Establishes and maintains an effective communication and working relationship between various departments and internal/external customers.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.