ALLETE is an innovative company with more than a century of experience engaged in transforming the energy landscape in the upper Midwest. Our businesses include: Minnesota Power, the largest electric utility in northern Minnesota; BNI Energy in North Dakota; ALLETE Clean Energy, a developer of energy projects with limited environmental impact; Superior Water, Light and Power in Superior, Wisconsin; and ALLETE Renewable Resources, which operates and maintains wind generation facilities in North Dakota. To find out more visit ALLETE.com.
What will I do?
If hired, you would join ALLETE’s Cyber Technology Services department and would assist the ALLETE Clean Energy Cyber Technology Team. ALLETE provides Interns with the opportunity to collaborate with employees, participate in real projects, learn new skills and gain valuable experience. Whatever your IT interests, if you are a motivated self-starter with a passion for digging in to the details figuring out how something works, or finding a better way of doing things, we would love to talk to you about this opportunity.
Responsibilities for the ACE Cyber Technology Intern will include, but not limited to the following:
- Assist in validation and improvement of data historian and analytics systems.
- Develop intelligent reporting and visualization of operational data.
- Advance the monitoring and awareness of Operational Systems.
- Integrate vendor documentation and specifications into Operational Data systems.
Opportunities to work with the following will also be available:
- VMWare Virtualization platforms.
- Industrial networking and communications protocols.
- Scripting and automation tool development.
To really grab our attention, tell us about your experiences with any of the following:
- PowerShell scripting, Linux shell scripting, and/or other scripting languages
- Database and Data Analytics concepts
- Linux systems
- Cyber Security
What are the qualifications for this internship?
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or Data Analytics with an expected graduation date between June 2021 to December 2023
- Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher
- Candidates may be subject to assessment of skills, job match, or aptitude
What is the expected duration of this internship?
- The internship will be full time during summer and breaks and part time (minimum of 12 hours per week) during the school year.
- This role may potentially run until candidate graduates.
- Hours and duration are subject to change based on company need.
- Pays $18.00 per hour
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553