- Under supervision, perform routine to complex environmental compliance tasks requiring application of scientific theory and concepts such as, waste management, inspections, permitting, data entry, data review and analysis, studies, testing, auditing, regulatory analysis, to support compliance with existing and new environmental regulations and programs.
- Perform project and waste related administrative work and regulatory submittals.
- Have direct involvement with the Company’s Environmental Management System (EMS) and coordination and management of the Environmental Management Information System (EMIS).
- Effective performance achieved through application of internal and professional practices and economics to assure compliance with all rules, regulations, and permits while maintaining reliable, cost effective service.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, biology, natural/physical science, physics or equivalent.
- No experience required but experience with electric utility environmental regulations and compliance is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain positive internal and external working relationships
- Excellent computer, data management, and writing skills
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.