This applicant pool may be used to fill additional openings within 90 days of the posting close date.
- Maintains and repairs plant equipment and systems within generation standards, manufacturers guidelines, and complies with Federal and State laws and regulations, and Company rules.
- Has the ability to provide leadership and work direction to various crews, crafts and contractors when applicable.
- Performs related administrative duties (i.e.: inventory, time keeping, work order system).
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain working relationships.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have completed a six year formal apprenticeship or equivalent which includes millwright, communication/technical/ administrative, and one of the following specialties: welding with pipefitter; predictive maintenance; or machinist.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must successfully complete physical work screen.
- Subject to audiometric and pulmonary function testing.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.