News 12 is the leader in hyperlocal news, weather, traffic, politics, investigative and more, delivering 24/7 award-winning coverage in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Westchester, and Hudson Valley and available on News12.com and the mobile app. Additionally, News 12+ delivers 5 local traffic and weather channels. Plus, now you can see the best of News 12 from across the tri-state area all in one place with
News 12 NY. Streaming live 24/7 on Tubi, PLEX, Vizio, Amazon’s Fire TV news app, Local Now and YouTube.
News 12 Networks is looking for the right individual to be a primary presenter of weather information and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. A passion for communicating weather information through graphics, verbally, and in writing is desired. Proficiency in weather analysis and forecasting is expected. Ensure all content meet News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality. Assist in coordinating weather programming on multiple platforms. Maintain deep level of familiarity with the state and region. Respond to breaking weather news as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science preferred, Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum of five years of operational forecasting experience
- Experience with TV weather graphics/animations and weather graphics systems
- Exceptional weather judgment
- Excellent news writing ability for all platforms, as well as proficiency in newsgathering equipment
- Developed anchoring or other specialized skills to enhance newsroom operation
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift
- Online demos required