Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re not the only ones who have seen it; we’ve recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
Cheddar is a live Post Cable Network focused on covering the most innovative products, technologies, and services transforming our lives. Our mission is to provide information and utility on the platforms that matter for our users. Cheddar has two live broadcast networks across many platforms, including Sling, DirecTV Now, and Samsung TVPlus. In June 2019, Cheddar was acquired by Altice USA, which not only broadened our news portfolio to include News12 and i24, but it opened Cheddar up to a new world of data-driven advertising opportunities (via a4) across even more platforms including linear TV. Cheddar now has the ability to target specific household audiences across all screens. Cheddar’s team is growing, our products are diversifying, and infrastructure is becoming more complex – at an extremely fast pace.
About This Role
Cheddar is seeking an engaged and determined intern to coordinate Cheddar’s daily programming and growth functions. The Growth & Programming team manages the operations behind linear content, and are looking for the right intern to organize new process improvements. The right candidate will be eager to learn about tv and news programming, with an affinity for documentation and process implementation. They have a passion for project management. This individual is a self-starter, likes navigating ambiguity and solving puzzles and most importantly drives value for the business.
- Document and organize all new programming processes as the team implements new solutions to current programming pain points
- Track Cheddar’s programming calendar, keeping it updated and communicated to programming stakeholders
- Own quality assurance on behalf of the Growth & Programming team:
- Cheddar’s guide information (EPG)
- Cheddar’s brand presence & growth promotion on all partner platforms and socials
- Cheddar’s distribution platforms & troubleshoot interface issues
- Research, scope and outline programming processes to inform operational improvements
- Past internship experience
- High level of proficiency with Google Docs, Sheets, Forms and Slides
- Experience with workflow, project mgmt, and reporting tools
- Interest in shaping the ideation and creation of shows and other live linear programs
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
- Interns must be current rising juniors through recent grads (within 6 months of internship start date)
- Graduate students are eligible to apply
- Interns must be available to work for the entire length of the program
- All internships are paid