At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands. Customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our interns write real software and collaborate with a select group of experienced software development engineers (SDEs) who guide interns on projects that matter to our customers.
Our 12-week internship programs provide hands-on learning and building experiences for students who are interested in a career in software engineering. In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in activities with other interns throughout your internship. By applying to early career internship opportunities in Software Engineering, you will automatically be considered for two internship programs:
Lab Engineer Accelerator Program (LEAP) Internship Program:
The LEAP Internship Program offers hands-on software development experience to students who are making an early commitment to computer science careers.
· Similar to a traditional Software Development Engineering (SDE) internship, LEAP interns will spend 12-weeks at Amazon working on individual projects that are impactful to their business with the support of a manager and mentor.
Amazon Propel Program (APP) Internship Program:
APP offers hands-on software development experience to students who have an interest in software development.
· You will spend 12 weeks at Amazon, with the first 4 weeks in a hands-on SDE bootcamp, learning how to solve sample Amazon problems. You will spend the next 8 weeks working on technical projects with support of a manager and mentor.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, interns may receive a full-time or return intern offer to become a Software Development Engineer starting in 2022.
Amazon is actively seeking applicants for the APP internship who identify with a historically underrepresented group in the tech industry, including but not limited to Black, Latinx, Native American, and female applicants. APP is focused on providing skill and experience based development for these groups.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. NOTE: Amazon works with a high volume of applicants so we appreciate your patience as we review applications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in Computer Science or related STEM discipline
· Knowledge of the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python
· Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Strong analytic and problem solving skills