Are you excited by the opportunity to secure hundreds of thousands of hosts, hundreds of millions of lines of code, and billions of online transactions, all on one of the most visited sites on the internet? Are you passionate about solving problems in an online world where threats grow ever more sophisticated?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands – customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Business intelligence engineers use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges that security engineers solve at Amazon are big and impact millions of customers, sellers, and products around the world. Our path is not always simple, so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a certain kind of person who takes on this role at Amazon – someone who is excited by the idea of creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle/Bellevue, WA, Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Greater Bay Area, CA; DC Metro Area; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston Area, MA; Greater Denver Area, CO; Greater Los Angeles Area, CA; Greater New York Area; Irvine, CA; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA. To qualify, applicants should have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within the last six months (at time of application) or be on track to earn their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree prior to the role start date.
As a security engineer, you will/may:
· Collaborate with experienced Amazonians to create and execute security controls, defenses, and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal and/or external attacks
· Develop, test, review, debug, or deploy code that supports security protocols
· Work effectively with your team to identify security problems and improve the security aspects of their service(s)
· Assess risks that could affect the integrity, availability, or confidentiality of data, systems, or services
· Resolve security events, incidents, or conduct security assessments using penetration tests, ethical hacking tools, or risk mitigation methodologies to evaluate vulnerabilities
· Classify, store, and handle data in accordance with policy or best practices
· Troubleshoot, research the root cause of, and resolve security or risk issues with guidance
· Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in math/statistics/engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline at time of application (or graduated less than six months prior to application)
· Experience with coding/scripting in one or more languages (e.g., Python, C, C++, Java, Ruby, or PowerShell)
· Coursework and/or projects in one or more of following domains: web application development, penetration testing, mobile security, cryptography, public key infrastructure, forensic security, IP security, SSL/TLS, computer viruses and malware, network security, trusted security, trusted execution, threat intelligence, IoT security implications, or authentication
· Master’s in cybersecurity, information security, or related technical degree
· Previous technical internship(s) in one or more of the following domains: web application development, penetration testing, mobile security, cryptography, public key infrastructure, forensic security, IP security, SSL/TLS, computer viruses and malware, network security, trusted security, trusted execution, threat intelligence, IoT security implications, authentication, etc.
· Experience with tools such as Wireshark, encryption software, Snort, Sguil, Suricata, Kibana, Metasploit, Nmap, OpenSSL, or Setkey
· Pursuing certifications (e.g., Certified Ethical Hacker [CEH]) and/or attending events (e.g., Capture the Flag [CTF])
· Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.