NOTE: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including, but not limited to: San Francisco, Dallas, New York, Chicago, Seattle, Atlanta, Cambridge, and Herndon.
Do you want to experiment with innovative technologies, including Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things? Are you passionate about educating, training, designing, and building enterprise cloud computing solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers?
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking interns to join our AWS Internship program with Professional Services. This is a unique opportunity for driven self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from nimble startups to global brands. The skills and experiences you gain will be highly sought after throughout the industry and give you the opportunity for the career of a lifetime.
The AWS Professional Services organization is a global team of experts that helps AWS customers realize their desired business outcomes by using the AWS Cloud. We deliver focused guidance through our global specialty practices, which cover a variety of solutions, technologies, and industries. In addition to working alongside our customers, we share our experience through tech talk webinars, white papers, and blog posts that are available to anyone. As a Professional Services intern, you will gain hands-on experience in cloud computing, develop business acumen, and learn about Amazon’s peculiar culture. You will work on projects, have the opportunity to obtain the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification, and attend professional development events.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, select interns will receive a full-time offer to join as an Associate Professional Services Consultant (which includes a six-month residency training program, known as AWS Tech U) in 2022, post completion of their degree program.
Come build the future with us.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks, starting Summer 2022. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
NOTE: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
About the Role
Engagement Manager (EM) – Engagement Managers manage the delivery of AWS cloud products and services that enable our customers to realize their business objectives. These professional services engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
This role will specifically focus on building engagement management consulting capabilities, you will work alongside our Engagement Management Team on AWS development initiatives. Under the guidance and supervision of Engagement Manager, you will support in facilitating and monitoring cloud adoption engagement activities. You will learn about AWS products and services and engagement Management best practices by creating and contributing to reusable assets. You will learn AWS consulting skills like stakeholder management, how to make appropriate data-driven decisions and drive business communication and decisions with internal and external stakeholders. You will learn how to track customer engagement, schedule, scope, financials, and outcomes consistent with customer contract and AWS framework recommendation.
Expectations of the role include:
- Collaboration: Use strong interpersonal skills to actively listen and communicate in ways that earn trust and show flexibility. Adapt to varied roles on teams from follower to leader. Context switch when necessary to best fit the situation.
- Self-Directed: Must be able to complete projects with limited supervision. Ability to take ownership and ask for help when needed.
- Graduating between December 2022 and August 2023
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or STEM related fields such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, information technology
- Experience with Project or Program Management Frameworks (Agile, Scrum, or Kanban)
- Experience with Networking fundamentals, Security, Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
- Experience with help desk, IT support, or any technician or quality assurance type work
- Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company
- Experience with systems administration (Linux/Windows) or network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)